We need more music teaching specialists as we are rapidly expanding!
Currently interested in applications from inner northern Melbourne suburbs for teachers of Singing teachers, Keyboard & Piano teachers, Saxophone teachers, Clarinet, Flute, Drums/ Percussion and Cello teachers.
NB. If you are thinking of applying to us to join our teaching team, know that we are renowned for offering some of the highest quality music education and professional development services in Australia, and get MANY people applying for positions with us.
PLEASE NOTE: DO NOT CONTACT US about teaching positions UNLESS YOU HAVE ALREADY READ - AND CAN MEET - ALL REQUIREMENTS LISTED BELOW. How you apply says a lot about you, so if you really WANT to work for us you must display your efforts including attention to detail - not just formal credentials. We only want awesome people on our team that love sharing ideas and will be assets to our school and to the rest of the teaching team :)
MUST BE/ HAVE:
- at least 25 years of age;?
- formally trained in at least one instrument (Music Degree level or equivalent is our minimum requirement), teaching 2nd instrument an advantage;?
- interested in, and understand practical applications of technique to different styles of music;?
- fluent in music reading & theory;?
- experienced and confident in performing AND teaching up to advanced/ professional career standard;?
- experienced in teaching ADULTS AND CHILDREN and be passionate about sharing ideas!
- Willing to be further trained in more advanced teaching methods unique to Pro Expression Music School.
- available at least 2 afternoons/ evenings, or partial weekends - time flexible work but consistency is needed;?
- your own dedicated teaching space - please apply anyway if you don't and special arrangements may be made for the right applicants;
- excellent communication skills, be friendly, ENTHUSIASTIC team player that shows initiative; must be RELIABLE with your time management;
- willing to contribute ideas as part of our team, attend occasional concerts/ meetings/ further in-house teacher training and ACTIVELY assist in our school promotional campaigns;
- take pride in the quality of your work, be positive and focused in helping students get results in an encouraging and empowering way;
BENEFITS WORKING WITH PRO EXPRESSION:
- Students, advertising, scheduling, accounts, customer service, lesson changes/ cancellations organised for you so all you have to do is teach from the comfort of your own teaching space at times/ days most suited to you;
- Promotion of your biography, any performances, projects or recordings you may be doing on our website;?
- Excellent pay compared to any other private music school in Melbourne, as we want highly skilled, experienced, superior quality teachers only;
- Casual employment that allows flexibility for you as the teacher/ performer and our students, AND you have the potential to have as many students to teach as you like if you show yourself to be an active part of our teaching team;
- Performance opportunities, lots of support and resources available to you.
- You get paid for every hour you teach regardless of 'free' special offers advertised by the school for marketing purposes.
- You get paid if a student doesn't show or inform us of change or cancellation more than 24hrs in advance and we do it for you.
- Get paid directly into your bank account weekly/ fortnightly upon receipt of your invoice.
You MUST familiarise yourself with all info about services on Pro Expression's website www.proexpression.com before applying to gain an understanding of our ethos. You must write a proper cover letter introducing yourself and addressing your suitability (what skills, contribution and knowledge would you bring to our team - why do you want to work with OUR school specifically), and email us at email@example.com along with a full CV (not just music), 2 refs, ABN, pic/ headshot, WWC number, age and current work commitments. Must also include phone number, email, home/ teaching studio address, and availability. Applications that do not include these requirements will NOT be considered.